Sunday, October 14, 2012

Untitled

     I've finished another manuscript. This time, I am not too excited to submit it anymore. I am planning to spend more time in the 'editing part', perhaps longer than what I've spent in my previous ms. Stayed away from this recently finished ms for like a week, so I guess I am ready to face it and read it as if I wasn't the one who wrote it.
     
     My plan is to submit it next week... Then, cross my fingers that things will turn out better this time. I really don't know if I am really meant to be a romance writer. Sometimes I doubt myself, yes I really do. Even if I am at times very vocal about how I go through my stories I still wonder why. Why do I wake up early in the morning finding myself itching to scribble something in my notebook? Why do I have to stop by the nearest food court or find a decent place to sit down and write words cluttering my thoughts? Why do I have this crazy imagination? I even have a feeling that I am weird and I don't belong with the workforce I am included in.

     Just a thought. I guess I have to talk less about my dream and keep most of the details to myself. I feel kinda hurt seeing the blank expression on the faces of the people I am talking to. Looking at me like I am talking about 'the impossible'. Is getting published (in my case) impossible? Maybe I am just pressuring myself too much about getting published. For now, I just have to keep on dreaming, WRITING and praying that wishes still do come true.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck on your third attempt! i submitted once with bookware but it was rejected too. nagstart na uli akong gumawa ng pangalawa, sana makalusot na.

Cristine said...

Hi! Thank you for commenting. I haven't tried submitting my work to Bookware. Maybe if I still won't make it to phr I'll try sending my work there.

Labby said...

NEVER GIVE UP.

Cristine said...

Labby,
Those three words are so powerful as combined. Yes, I won't give up. I'll continue writing until I reach my dream. Thank you much. You made my day :)

the-fashion-blitz said...

oh my gosh! while reading this post, i feel like it's the mirror of me. please never give up, so i won't either. aja! :)